Skip to content

12/20/13 SHOOTOUT MOTHERFU%&#@S

Every Friday - 9pm EST / 6pm PST.
Game change on a moment's notice. :) Be prepared.

Re: 12/20/13 SHOOTOUT MOTHERFU%&#@S

Postby Ragemore » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:33 am

DayZ plays pretty well for an Alpha. The map is expansive and the towns and cities pretty detailed. Mostly died to other players so far, but the Zombie combat is pretty rough.

I know they will make it better, but if you are creating a Zombie survival game, I would have thought they would spend a little more time on the Zombies themselves.

They could pull the zombies out, and just call the game "The Road" as they have nailed that so far.

It is a game that has a lot of potential, and I'm sure will be quite different a year from now. Maybe I will update this post next Christmas as a way to document how much has changed.
Ragemore

Postby DogRobber » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:37 pm

I had a ton of fun last Friday (and Saturday) playing DayZ.
Getting Nate in as well should get us going with a nice little scavenging party. (The map has some nice additions from the Mod map, Nate).
So far, we've found only one way to decently heal up after enough zombie combat has you seeing trees as shadows and that's the Saline IV.
Hopefully, they'll get the slow healing from being full and not thirsty implemented before long.

So far, I'm liking the changes from the Mod that they're making. The crafting line might seem kind of long at the moment, but I have had a loaded weapon a time or two now, so I know it's not overly difficult. Which is good, because thus far, everyone I've run into that wasn't Dan or John has tried to kill me. I need to take the gloves off and start shooting others before they steal my tiny bits of food and water.

-troy
Where's the poop, Robin?
DogRobber
Site Admin

Postby hokfota » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:07 pm

Yep, I went ahead and picked it up as a present to myself. I need to get the keys and such all figured out. I logged in for a little bit last night and was punched into unconsciousness... lol. Oh well.

Looking forward to getting some quality time in soon.
I want a peaceful soul, but I need a bigger gun
hokfota

Postby hokfota » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:33 pm

Also - - Left for Dead 2 is free on steam today. If you don't have it - - get it, and we can play that one of these FNSO's too.
I want a peaceful soul, but I need a bigger gun
hokfota

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Games We Play: Friday Night Shootouts