Skip to content

Friday Night Shooter Mystery

Every Friday - 9pm EST / 6pm PST.
Game change on a moment's notice. :) Be prepared.

Re: Friday Night Shooter Mystery

Postby Logan » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:47 am

Ragemore wrote: It had enough good to overlook some of the bad, why no prone?

I was sore about that as well, but after a week of playing I dont miss it much. I still want it, but I dont need it. I think it would actually slow down the pace of the game.
Logan

Postby DogRobber » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:04 am

There's a bitter little kid in me that wants to lock the topic and ban the words Battlefield and Bad and Company on the site.

But it is nice to hear that there's a good shooter out there that might keep the whole Friday Night thing going.

I was doing the math last night.

Once I take care of paying for Trever's game design camp, Sandi and Trever's new laptop, 1 camping trip to Death Valley (I kid you not...) I can buy a new gaming rig and join in.

Speaking of camp. Who else among you wishes they had this to go to rather then Nazarene church camp as a kid? http://www.internaldrive.com/locations/ ... ttle-area/

-dr
Where's the poop, Robin?
DogRobber
Site Admin

Postby Sp1ice » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:10 am

Been too busy to actually log in except the initial time.. hopefully will get some time this week if things will slow down a bit.
Sp1ice

Postby Logan » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:44 am

I'm not involved with the camp in any way shape or form, but the concept of trying to teach a bunch of 13 year olds even the most basic modeling in Maya just made me break out with a rash.

As Mr. T says...I pity the fool.

I highly recommend you have him download Google Sketch Up and then Unity. Basic modeling and a strong game making platform. Those will get him moving in the right direction. Tackling Maya or Max right out of the gate coupled with the Unreal engine is a big step.

http://unity3d.com/

Oh and keep working on your machine. If Greasyfast's machine can run it - yours can too!!!!!

DogRobber wrote:Speaking of camp. Who else among you wishes they had this to go to rather then Nazarene church camp as a kid? http://www.internaldrive.com/locations/ ... ttle-area/

-dr
Logan

Postby Sp1ice » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:19 am

Maya is not that bad from a basics stand point.. but I still prefer Blender and when 2.5 gets released the interface will be much cleaner. It also has it's own game engine built in as well.
Sp1ice

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Games We Play: Friday Night Shootouts