Skip to content

Kill Stealin'z

Every Friday - 9pm EST / 6pm PST.
Game change on a moment's notice. :) Be prepared.

Kill Stealin'z

Postby Darthbob » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:22 am

Darthbob
DogRobber's Foe

Re: Kill Stealin'z

Postby Ragemore » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:10 am

Hahahaha.
Ragemore

Postby DogRobber » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:20 pm

"screw you guys... I'm going home."

-dr
Where's the poop, Robin?
DogRobber
Site Admin

Postby DogRobber » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:50 am

I think those guys would have done better if they'd have played as a team rather then competing for individual kills.

One of things that I've noticed playing that game is that each champion fills a role that might shift later in the game. Obviously the classes that have aoe damage will end up with better overall damage at the end of the game. However, I think I've noticed that alot of those classes need to shift to crowd control with thier stuns and traps later in the game so that the single target classes (with higher single target DPS) can kill an NME champion faster.

Where we've often gotten slaughtered late in the game is when we go up against two or more champions who do a really good job single targetting us down with crowd control and focused damage.

Jax, like most of the assassin type champs, is obviously geared to steal kills. All DPS, next to no defense, and able to run down injured champions who are trying to get out of the fight. I always have a better game when I'm paired up in a lane with a champion with some sort of slow, stun, or trap. I can leap in and do alot of burst damage while the other player is trying to get away from the stun or trap.

I think a kill is a kill is a kill, though. As long as some of the other team is staring at a respawn timer, the whole team benefits from from those kills.

-dr
Where's the poop, Robin?
DogRobber
Site Admin

Postby Logan » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:00 pm

Agreed.

We just need to work on getting more strategic CC talk on TS. I snagged Anivia for the slows. I think Im grabbing a stunner next.

(Of course we also need to convince Troy that there isn't a reward for dying first in every match.)
Logan

Postby DogRobber » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:38 pm

To be clear, I'm starting to trade off on that honor with Darth and Rage with some regularity.

You'd know that if you would stop quitting in the middle of games.

;)

-dr
Where's the poop, Robin?
DogRobber
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Games We Play: Friday Night Shootouts