Skip to content

Zombies, Run!

IPhone, BlackBerry, Etc.

Zombies, Run!

Postby DogRobber » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:55 am

I'm not sure if this is more game, or more fitness app (How many of you just hit the "back" button?), but as soon as I saw it, I had to have it.
I probably spent Sandi's spending cash to get it, but I'm sure she'd want it to. She walks about 2 miles home each night. This might quicken that pace :twisted:

http://toucharcade.com/2012/03/02/zombi ... th-a-soul/

In about an hour, I'm going to do my 2ish miles on the tread mill (I walk ), so I'll let you know how well it adapts to something OTHER then running outside.

-dr
Where's the poop, Robin?
DogRobber
Site Admin

Re: Zombies, Run!

Postby DogRobber » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:35 pm

I was able to escape the crash site today and get to Able (the township). It was a 3 mile run, well, walk. 4.7 miles an hour, anyhow, seems to be fast enough to keep me ahead of the zombies.

The fact that I did 3 miles rather then my usual 2.2 - 2.5 is telling. I wanted to get to the base, and so I had to go a little farther.

Along the way I automatically collected some supplies for Able. Some medical supplies, some weapons, some odds and ends. When I got to able, I found that I could give these supplies to the various sections of Able to improve them. By improving Able, I increase the number of people at Able, and unlock some more missions (runs). Giving bandages and Antibiotics to the hospital raised the population of Able from 60 to 72 and leveled the hospital to Level 2. So there's a bit of an RTS element at play here.

The actual game during the run was kind of interesting. In between songs from a playlist that I select on my phone, I get a sort of story told to me from the Com Center at Able regarding my run. How I'm doing at staying ahead of the zombies, what I need to do, and how well I'm doing it. It was kind of cool. Not hugely immersive when staring at a wall on a treadmill, but I could see the appeal if you're out side hearing the zombies close in on you while being urged to run faster. Because I was on the treadmill, I switched the app from GPS to accellerometer mode. GPS mode has a zombie chase bit that I didn't get to experiance, but I'm guessing it's a bit about speeding up to outrun a zombie and I think that would be kind of cool. Assuming I didn't collapse into a asthma ridden heap on the side of the road.

The voice acting isn't triple A, but it's not crap either. Some of the voice actors were definately better then others. But the story was well portrayed and it made me interested in the plight of Able.

If the 8 bucks won't break you, I'd say that it's an app worth having. If nothing else, then because it can give you motivation to do that extra half mile.

-dr
Where's the poop, Robin?
DogRobber
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Mobile Games