Skip to content

Crosshair Color

Crosshair Color

Postby Logan » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:30 am

So here's something I just read that I didn't know. Troy probably has noticed this as he's a sniping bastard though. When you are loaded and aimed at a target your crosshairs will change color depending on the probability of shot damage.

Red high chance of bounce. DING! or Bounced off!
Yellow medium chance.
Green good chance at hitting a week spot.

So if you've got the time to move your cursor around the target a little you can actually find a weaker point on the model. I think the bigger your guns are the less you see the red, but I'll check this out tonight.
Logan

Re: Crosshair Color

Postby Ragemore » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:06 pm

I had not noticed that.
Ragemore

Postby Grim » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:30 pm

Yes sir it is set in your reticule tab under options.
I also joined a Clan called "Steel vipers tiger division" that has moved up to around tier 7-10 tanks and have been putting 20 guys on average a night for clan battles. Though fun you don't win many if you don't have tier 10's but its a learning experience at least.(alot of them use to play mechawarrior 2)
The word is that mid august the new patch will be out with the new tanks and the new lands to occupy like the Americas. This will make it hard for even the big clans to hold to many territories and give the smaller clans a chance to hold some lands and get gold for lower tiered battles.least that is the hopes of some of the smaller clans like ours. holler at me in game I haven't seen you guys much but I have been working second shift so I'm probably not on when you all are. I'm still playing under Grimmal and have a tier 7 tiger tank and a few lower tiered tank destroyers and arties for leveling guys in platoons.
Not sure if you already new this but the gold rounds really aren't that much better so I wouldn't waste your money.but a good cheap way to help your game is spend 100,000 on camo when ya can and put it on your tank and a repair kit from consumables cost around 3000 credit a pop but come in handy for bigger battles and really don't cost to much when you get to the higher tiers where your making more credits each fight.
"Get to killing or GET THE HELL OUTTA MY WAY"
Grim

Location: Within the confines of my mind.....And it aint cozy here <.<

Postby Logan » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:53 am

This definitely works. Its hard to tell on my KV and IS, but when I went down to the tier 3 it really show up a lot if you can take the time to aim.

I dont know how detailed the feedback is though. I'm not putting much faith in it being anything other that a raytrace from your gun barrel to the target letting you know what level the armor is compared to your gun.

I don't know if it takes into account angle or distance.
Logan

Return to Board index

Return to Games We Play: World of Tanks