Skip to content

Feed the Beast

Feed the Beast

Postby Ragemore » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:58 am

Been playing this mod which is very similar to Tekkit.

Steve's Carts 2 is awesome. A great starting out strategy for mining and farming. I plan to make a tutorial video at some point as I have had to watch a bunch of different one's to get all the tips and tricks for using this.

You can get started if you have a stack of iron, several stacks of coal, and a stack of redstone. The limiting factor seems to be rails, as the recipe has changed in FTB for rails. I found an abandoned mine shaft and had three stacks of rails, which is what gave me the idea to see what I could do with them.

Start with a Cart assembler, build a standard hull, an iron drill, an internal storage upgrade, and you are all set. It only gets cooler and more complex from there.
Ragemore

Re: Feed the Beast

Postby DogRobber » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:07 am

The Forestry mod is interesting as well. The peat fired engines, peat bog, and moistener is an interesting supply line.

-troy
Where's the poop, Robin?
DogRobber
Site Admin

Postby DogRobber » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:19 pm

I've been reading into Steve's Carts 2.
Does the mining cart basically mine a 3x3 area straight ahead until it runs out of rails to put down, and then it returns to it's origin?
Also, how does it deal with lava?

-troy
Where's the poop, Robin?
DogRobber
Site Admin

Postby Ragemore » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:54 am

Different drills create different size openings. They go until there is no more rail, or fuel.

The carts can be loaded with addons, like a bridge builder, this allows it to bridge over lava, water or ravines. A height controller allows you to tell the cart what level to mine at, and there is so much more, I'm really getting into the complexity of this mod.

As an example I have a cart with a Railer, a Bridge Builder, a coal engine, a standard drill, and 4 internal storage bins. I place one track down, place the cart on the track. then give it coal for the engine, rails for the railer, and wood for the bridge builder. I set the heigth or depth I want it to go, and it does the rest. When it runs out of rails it returns to the start of the track.
Ragemore

Postby DogRobber » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:50 pm

yeah,
I have a mining cart going (standard hull, drill, coal engine, railer, side chest).
Works pretty well.
Still haven't driven it towards lava to see if it will survive, though.

Also, had to experiment a bit to figure out how to pick it up, though.

-troy
Where's the poop, Robin?
DogRobber
Site Admin

Postby Ragemore » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:18 am

I have a Minecraft server up, getting it converted to Feed the Beast, then will send the addy to anyone interested in playing.
Ragemore

Postby DogRobber » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:51 am

I'm in.

-troy
Where's the poop, Robin?
DogRobber
Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to Games We Play: Minecraft