Never Let Freddie DIE!!!

Got something new? Share!

Never Let Freddie DIE!!!

Postby Ragemore » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:01 pm

Ragemore

Re: Never Let Freddie DIE!!!

Postby DogRobber » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:13 pm

This is all Journey's fault.

That guy could probably find a really good voice style that was his. But one band from the 80s, 70s even, hires a sound alike singer off of YouTube and marginally creative people lose what little creativity they might have had and limit themselves to hoping to join a different nastalgia band, or a nastalgia band's tribute band.

There's only so many positions for a Freddie Mercury sound alike.

There are tons for an original singer with Freddie Mercury's range.

-dr
Where's the poop, Robin?
DogRobber
Site Admin

Postby Muragorca » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:53 pm

Maybe he was just using this song becuase its the best showcase for is talent?
Dog the Bounty Hunter reminds me of a trailer park Hulk Hogan.
Muragorca
DogRobber's Foe

Postby Logan » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:29 am

Thats kinda eerie. I've also got no issue with him doing it. There are too few iconic sounds in music that someone with a talent like that is nice to see. I liked Paul Rogers as a replacement, but he never had the Freddie sound. That voice meshed with the music to create something truly unique. I understand that artists want to grow and show off their new stuff. The problem is that once they strike gold its really really really difficult to hit it again. Many band plow through and keep putting out material that die hard fans eat up and vomit reproachful statements at old fans who don't get the direction. Rolling Stones, Sting, Aerosmith, Pearl Jam etc. These artist/bands have immense talent, but striking that gold vein again just isn't possible.

I'm sure this guy could be a great singer in a great independent band who fights the record label with one fist in the air and the other on the mic. Toil for years in shitty clubs and slowly work his way into bitter resentment for a life wasted. I've got a couple friends like that already.

Or he could get on stage and sing Freddie to a ton of screaming fans right now wailing out some of the best music ever.

I just went through Itunes jumping from new independent "if you like these you might like those" trying to find some new music to listen to. It was brutal. Lots of talent. Ton's of talent. Ton's of ok music. Very little spark.
Logan

Postby Ragemore » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:08 am

He is apart of a band, and I do believe they have original music, I think he did this for Freddie contest of some sort.
Ragemore

Postby Logan » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:30 pm

Logan

Postby Grim » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:49 am

Agreed he is good and sounds al;ot like him ...which makes it really creepy.
I especially liked how he started getting into it in the middle and end moving around lol.

Kinda off subject but since were talking about music someone turned me onto a band called nightwish thought you guys might like them if you don't already know about them they are opera metal or something along those lines.

better song here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UztEfwHt14
"Get to killing or GET THE HELL OUTTA MY WAY"
Grim

Location: Within the confines of my mind.....And it aint cozy here <.<

Postby DogRobber » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:04 am

There must be two bands called Nightwish.

The video that you posted has a much different band in it then some of the other Nightwish videos.

Or the lead singer got jealous and the other girls HAD TO GO...

or something.

Kind of a fun song that draws from a little Heart, Evinessence (or however you spell it), and Iron Maiden.

-dr
Where's the poop, Robin?
DogRobber
Site Admin

Postby Grim » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:49 am

You are correct sir the lead singer left for some reason (I'm not sure why) and now the newer videos have a new female lead.The older (better, in my opinion) singer still does her own stuff though. I usually just search her by her real name.
"Get to killing or GET THE HELL OUTTA MY WAY"
Grim

Location: Within the confines of my mind.....And it aint cozy here <.<

Return to Board index

Return to New Music